Search The Web

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ali Nuhu A King in Another Kingdom


At one end of the street they gathered waiting patiently till he came out and the moment he came out, just like the Hollywood actor on the street of New York they rushed out just to catch a glimpse of the man that they have only been seeing in their box, all waiting in line to get a handshake. And even though they were many, they all got it and as elated as they were, some rushed to call their other colleagues but before they could make it to the scene, alas! The star was gone.

One of the first things that attracts you to him, whether you are a man or a woman, a movie watcher or not is his beauty, even though he his a man, except if I am permitted to use the word his handsomeness. But way beyond this is the bundle of talent that has earned him the best Hausa actor award three times consecutively. He is none other that one of the most popular Hausa film star and Nollywood’s generation next, Ali Nuhu.

Just back London where he had gone to receive his Afro Hollywood award for Best Hausa Actor, I was called upon to have a chat with this young man that I had obviously not met, seen or even heard about. And the only thing that came to my mind was how possible is it going to be talking to a Hausa guy. I wondered if he would be coming with an interpreter as I have presumed that he might not really be fluent in the art of spoken English. And lo and behold after waiting for several hours for his return he came with another young man whom I thought had come to confirm my fears, but to my utter amazement, the reverse was the case.

The chat started and I must confess that I was transfixed at the level of grammar and composure of this young man that I ended up asking him much more question than was demanded.

Expressing his joy at the award he had just won, Ali Nuhu confessed that it is a thing of joy for one’s effort to be appreciated and when such is done internationally, it can only be a sign for greater responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment